If your children normally receive free school meals or if they're not currently registered but you're struggling to stretch your shopping budget with them at home please message us and we'll arrange for a lunches parcel to be sent out to you.
We'll be running our school holiday lunch hampers as normal this February half term - look out for details closer to the time!
You can claim free school meals for each child who attends school in Cheshire East if you receive one of these benefits:
- Universal Credit with no earned income or with net monthly earnings less than £616.67
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
We suggest you do make a claim for free school meals even if your child is in key stage 1 as the school can claim additional funding (pupil premium) for new equipment and resources.
You can apply for nursery-age children if they attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school, nursery class or an Academy nursery if it has the same Ofsted number as the primary school.
Phone 0300 123 5012 for further information and help.